Monday, November 26, 2007
The Curse
I think it was Bill Cosby that said that there is a very strong curse that your parents put on you when you are young. The curse goes a little something like this; "I hope you have one that is just like you so you will know how it feels!" I would just like to say that it works. My daughter is EXACTLY like me. It is very strange, now that the 80's are back with such a vengence, she is even dressing and playing with toys that I played with in my youth. She wants nothing more than My Little Ponies, Strawberry Shortcake dolls and yes, even Care Bears. For my son there are Transformers. Kinda makes me wonder if they are going to be bringing back the illustrious Thundercats or He-Man any time soon (I totally had Skeletor's castle!)

Anyway back to the daughter. Today she asked me for a side pony tail. As she is leaving the house I realize she is dressed like me circa 1986, side ponytail, drop waist oversized tunic shirt and leggings. Add some Keds into the mix and yes, she has become me. She is very assertive to the point of bossiness and sassy and doesn't know when to hold her tongue. It's strange, and I'm very worried for the time she turns 14 when I really have to pay my dues (lets just say that I shaved my head and wore combat boots, nuff said).

In knitting news, Christmas knitting is in full swing over here. I have about a million pairs of Fiber Trends Felted Clogs to make for various family (and non family) members as well as a few scarves and assorted lovely things which shall remain a secret. My ultra secret sweater for the hub has been discovered and is no longer a secret :( Sound familiar San Antonio S n' B gals? Oh and Amy, this pic is for you:



Yeah, they are getting pretty big. Happy Holidays y'all!
posted by Eileen at 7:11 PM -
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Eileen
Home: FL, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links I Like
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie